2013 TRX500FM code question - Honda TRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2019, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

2013 TRX500FM code question

Hello all newbie here to the site. I have a small shop and normally service golf carts but recently have been over ran with 4 wheelers. I typically have no issues as I have a lot of carbureted motor experience, FI on the other hand I am learning.

So at the moment I have a 2013 TRX500FM that does not want to run at WOT. I purchased the OBDll reader and have got the following info
Fault code 12-1 #1 Fuel injector circuit fault (no.1 cylinder primary injector circuit)
Fault code 29-1 IAC valve control failure(rac valve control failure)

My question is where do I go from here? Do I have a bad injector or is there something in the fuel circuit that would cause this? Also the IAC is Idle air control correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2019, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Yes - the IAC is idle air control - normally has nothing to do with WOT problems - I can't think of an instance where IAC has affected WOT performance - on the other hand, fuel quality (old vs new) will affect WOT performance. Fuel with a lot of additives is as bad as old fuel. Old fuel is alcohol blended fuel over 3 weeks old. In my experience most high speed performance problems are caused by fuel or fuel pressure, followed by faulty sensors and mechanical problems.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

I agree with what you say as far as the IAC having nothing to do with the issue I am having. I also agree on the fuel issue as it provides me with probably a fair 50% of my business.

However on this bike I have checked the fuel and it is good, it was actually here about 2 weeks ago for its spring tune up and ran great. The owner sold it to a family member who took it out several times and the last time the temp light came on and it has not been right since. I have fixed the temp issue and am now trying to figure out the code for the injector circuit as I thinkm that's the issue with the WOT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2019, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

ok So I have checked everything I know to check.. Cleared the codes and rode for a little bit. While the motor was cool it ran great once up tp temp 200 degrees and up low range is fine but wot is not it is almost as the rev limiter is kicking in. No new error codes... where do I go from here?
Old 04-09-2019, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

To the dealer; they need to plug it into a computer to diagnose the problem and perhaps reprogram the fuel map or replace the fuel pump and hope for the best, but most problems are from poor connections - you might just unplug and plug back in all the connectors that you can locate - it might be a bad sensor or connection on a sensor, but you bought EFI, you need to understand it can't be fixed by turning screws or putting cleaner in the fuel, it needs to be serviced by those with the equipment and training.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda TRX Forum > Honda TRX Tech Garage > Engine/EFI/Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in