Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Dallas PA
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
87 250x Spark vs. Carb Question
Hello Honda People,
Having a small running issue on my 87 and trying to narrow it down.
Symptoms- 1. Does not idle cold without throttle blipping
2. Idles high when at running temp.
3. Seems to shut off when coasting in gear
4. Backfire when decelerating
5. Hard to start sometimes but fires right up when plug wire is pulled and refitted
What I've done
1. Adjusted valves
2. replaced plug( plug appears to have no lean condition)
3. Inspected air filter.
Current mods on quad-
What I suspect needs to be done-
1. Carb needs rebuilding
2. Larger jets
Any other possible causes than these two things?
THANKS A MILLION!