Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

2002 Honda sportrax 400ex

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Here 2 help 
#1 ·
Can anyone please help i have taken the carb off many times and cant seem to figure it out i press on the gas like 1/2 or 3/4 of throtle and the quad boggs and doesnt seem to get full power can anyone please help? Tia

#2 ·
It's hard to fix via cyber space, but let's bet a better picture of what's actually happening:

When you open the throttle, you are not giving it gas; you are giving it air!

Now that you understand that, you can address the problem. As you open the throttle does it try to accelerate or does it accelerate normally to a certain spot and then bogg?

At the point it boggs, will putting on the choke make it better or worse? If choking it makes it better, it's starving for fuel - if it makes it worse it's getting too much fuel.

What you have kept undisclosed is what has been done to the vehicle - changed exhaust, modified air box, performance air filter, jetting changes to the carb - and when did the engine go from running right to running bad.

When you ask for help, please give the details leading up to the problem; like it was just rebuilt - and if it was just rebuilt, who did it, what parts were installed, how the clearances were set and what the clearances were set at.

I am a mechanic and I could fix it, but I have to know what's wrong with it - if I had it in front of me I could find out what's wrong, but I am relying on you to be my eyes and ears.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.