Help!!!! - Honda TRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-13-2019, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Help!!!!

I have 2004 Honda 400ex my electric start doesn’t work neutral switch light doesn’t work headlights don’t work and tail lights don’t work previous owner created a jump button that will alway it to start... I have tested with a test light all wire upfront and non of them have power and for a side note I tested the 5 wires that go into the regulator beside the battery and only one of the wires has power should must of the 5 have power to them???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-14-2019, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Let's see - start by checking the red wire at the key switch - if no voltage at the key switch, you have a broken wire or a bad wiring connection - if you have voltage on the red wire, unplug the key switch from the wiring harness and short the red wire to the black wire (careful, not black with a white stripe) - with the red wire connected to the black wire, you should get lights - if you do, replace the key switch - if not, get back to me.

Rec/reg should have 12 volts on the red wire all the time, green is ground, black wire has 12 volts when the key is on (red wire connected to black wire) - the 3 yellow wires should have AC voltage when the engine is running, but that is a topic for another day.

Get 12 volts on the black wire and let me know what works and what doesn't.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda TRX Forum > Honda TRX Discussions > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode