1985 Honda TRX125 Steering Bearing Lock Nut Adapter - Honda TRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 01-12-2020, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Question 1985 Honda TRX125 Steering Bearing Lock Nut Adapter

1985 Honda TRX125. Does anybody know where I might be able to find this lock nut adapter tool? I am trying to remove the steering stem bearing and seal, before bringing the frame in to have it sand blasted and powder coated. I've got it tore down to the frame, all but this seal and bearing.

Honda Tool Part #: 07916-VM60100 (Lock Nut Wrench Adapter)

I've also have difficulty finding this steering stem seal, if anybody knows where I might find one. Part #:53316-VM6-003. Plan to bring it to the local bearing/seal shop if I cant find one here soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lock Nut Adapter .jpg (794.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Lock Nut.jpg (791.4 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2020, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Make a tool by finding a metric bolt with the correct size hex head and weld a nut to the threaded portion then use the proper size socket to turn the fabricated tool.

Carefully remove the seal and the size is usually embossed onto the face; i.e. 25 37 5 - 25 is the ID, 37 is the OD and 5 is the depth. If the size is not embossed or it cannot be read, just measure the shaft OD, the seal bore ID and the depth of the seal and look for that size from any source; Kawasaki, FAG, NSK, Federal Mogul, Chicago Rawhide or approach any local bearing distributor - as long as the seal was not of a special manufacture dimension, any seal will work - also use a new 6203 bearing sealed on both sides - if you cannot find a seal, the seals on the bearing will suffice.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2020, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

Found a bolt and nut setup that worked great. Saved the seal as well. Now the frame is ready for sand blast and powder coat. Let the rebuild begin!

Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here 2 help View Post
Make a tool by finding a metric bolt with the correct size hex head and weld a nut to the threaded portion then use the proper size socket to turn the fabricated tool.

Carefully remove the seal and the size is usually embossed onto the face; i.e. 25 37 5 - 25 is the ID, 37 is the OD and 5 is the depth. If the size is not embossed or it cannot be read, just measure the shaft OD, the seal bore ID and the depth of the seal and look for that size from any source; Kawasaki, FAG, NSK, Federal Mogul, Chicago Rawhide or approach any local bearing distributor - as long as the seal was not of a special manufacture dimension, any seal will work - also use a new 6203 bearing sealed on both sides - if you cannot find a seal, the seals on the bearing will suffice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg F3013509-7FA7-4920-90F3-02F114B95047_1578980621769.jpeg (926.6 KB, 4 views)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda TRX Forum > Honda TRX Tech Garage > Suspension/Steering/Chassis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode