2014 trx 400 ex rough idle and bogs down around 1650 rpm (under throttle) - Honda TRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 09-25-2019, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

2014 trx 400 ex rough idle and bogs down around 1650 rpm (under throttle)

I need help!!! My trx bogs down when I give it gas and it idles okay around 1400 rpm.
What I have done :
I've cleaned the carb inside out made sure I can see light through the jets. I have changed the spark plug I have flushed my gas tank and added 93 Oct. What else do you guys recommend me to do I've read info all over this forum and I'm really getting fed up and motivated me to make an account and make this post hope fully I can get help and I can provide video and or pictures if needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190921_155534_1569377097465.jpg (400.7 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-25-2019, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Please - you don't give it gas to accelerate - you give it air - as you open the throttle, it's the job of the carburetor to mix the correct amount of fuel with the air to support combustion. Ideally, 1 part of gas to 12.5 parts of air. At 14:1 it is lean and the engine produces excellent power, but runs hot. At 12:1, it is rich and while runs well, it wastes fuel.

Most bogging (if not an ignition or compression issue) is caused by too little fuel being mixed with the incoming air. What I do not know is if you have made any modifications to either the exhaust or intake. Just installing a different air filter is a modification and modifications to the intake affect carburetion immensely while changes to the exhaust have a lesser effect on the carburetor settings.

You may just need a thorough carburetor cleaning not just the jets - the passages within the carb must pass air as well as fuel.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-05-2019, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

2014 trx 400 ex rough idle and bogs down around 1650 rpm (under throttle) Solved

Solved! I went again and cleaned my carb . And I noticed the throttle slide piston was stuck as if the throttle was fully engaged I messed around with it and added carb cleaner and kept opening and closing it till I notice it wasn't getting stuck. In conclusion, the reason it was stuck was because I would leave fuel in my carb. Hope this helps any one else.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda TRX Forum > Honda TRX Forums > Tech Issues, Bug Reports & Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode