300ex Buggy Turbocharged Project - Honda TRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-26-2016, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Talking 300ex Buggy Turbocharged Project

My project here is I have a Rebuilt and slightly modded 300ex Engine stuffed into a 2007 Baja Dune 150 Go kart Buggy.

Just as a fun project and a head turner the Engine is Bored 3mm over with a Weisco Piston, I doubled up 2 Jug Gaskets to Lower Compression it's got Ported & Polished head. I have had so many guys say "just use a Street Bike Engine" and I think this is more Unique? Maybe I am Lame but I think big power from small things is Impressive, well I am Very impressed! I wanted to make something Cool. STreet bike engines to me are boring "Everyone does it" am I wrong? lol

I Modded a T25 Turbocharger to bolt up nice and Clean Still got to make a Dump Tube... Fpor the Carb I did a Draw Through Carburetor set up, I'm planning on moving over to a CBR250R Throttle Body, ECU for EFI just for Easier Tuning and less problems. But for now I am doing Draw Through Carburetor using a 205 Main Jet 50 Pilot and Slide Barrel is at Richest Setting. I took it for the first ride... when it starts to Hit Boost it is like as Fuckin 450R no joke Holey shit! I Wanna say the Power band feels like a modded CR250R Power Band haha This thing is FUN!

Still gotta work on a Fuel pump of some sort because it Runs out of fuel after about 10 Seconds of wide open throttle then I gotta wait about 15 seconds to restart it because it sucks the Bowl Dry hehe....

Any Suggestions or Tips you guys have Let me know! Also I will post a Video link when I get her tuned good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (263.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Ryan94; 01-29-2016 at 07:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-26-2016, 07:53 PM

Cool stuff. I drove a dune buggy that had a cbr600 motor in it once and the gearing was terrible. The RPM's had to be so high to produce any power with that motor and that didn't mix well with offroad. It was a challenge to get moving.

Of course, changing sprockets will help with this but according to the guy that build it he was out of clearance for bigger sprockets on the top or bottom (front or rear if still on the bike) so there wasn't much else to be done that was "easy." CHanging the gearing any further would have required bigger mods to than he had to tackle to get the motor working in that frame.

The ratcheting shifting was kickass! He had a small switch on the back of the shifter mount so when going up in gears (pulling back on the shift handle) the switch would interrupt the ignition briefly. This means true clutch free upshifts! Might be worth it on yours depending on how you set up the shifter, or maybe not because turbo+ignition interrupt can cause unsafe fuel situations for when the ignition kicks back in.

I agree with blazing a new trail. Just because someone has done something and that makes it easier for you does not always mean it's the way to go. Do something different and turn some heads.

Last edited by pew05; 01-26-2016 at 07:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pew05 For This Useful Post:
Ryan94 (01-27-2016)
post #3 of 7 Old 01-27-2016, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the Reply man!

My gearing is 13T - 31T Perfect 1 through 3rd... 4 and 5 Are crazy Top Speed. I used a Rincon 700 Shifter Cable asembly to hook up my Shifter Linkage it was such a good fit I didn;t have to midify anything for it to slip together.

Also I love that Idea to have an Ignition Cut button on the Shifter! Awesome idea. I Will do that because I use a DC Fired CD System and all I will have to so it wire the switch between the Kill switch and CDI I catch my self doing allot of No Lift Shifting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-27-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan94 View Post
Thanks for the Reply man!

My gearing is 13T - 31T Perfect 1 through 3rd... 4 and 5 Are crazy Top Speed. I used a Rincon 700 Shifter Cable asembly to hook up my Shifter Linkage it was such a good fit I didn;t have to midify anything for it to slip together.

Also I love that Idea to have an Ignition Cut button on the Shifter! Awesome idea. I Will do that because I use a DC Fired CD System and all I will have to so it wire the switch between the Kill switch and CDI I catch my self doing allot of No Lift Shifting.
Make sure you post some videos of the finished product when it's all set! Any idea of the actual boost you're making with it spun up?
post #5 of 7 Old 01-28-2016, 04:12 AM Thread Starter

I Wanna say maybe 3 to 5 PSI.. Maybe more? I haven't hooked up a Boost Gauge yet ha.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-28-2016, 04:23 AM

This is awesome, good work man!

Looking forward to more pics and hearing this thing run!
The Following User Says Thank You to Uberbricky For This Useful Post:
Ryan94 (01-29-2016)
post #7 of 7 Old 01-29-2016, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks man! I just added more pics. Here are the Links It's redneck looking but HEY it works man!

https://40.media.tumblr.com/1cfaba7a...dpno6_1280.jpg

https://41.media.tumblr.com/9396f7fa...dpno5_1280.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/b6bb826b...dpno4_1280.jpg

https://40.media.tumblr.com/e35b88d9...dpno2_1280.jpg

https://41.media.tumblr.com/c642eb03...dpno1_1280.jpg

Last edited by Ryan94; 01-29-2016 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Added Picture Links

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda TRX Forum > Honda TRX Forums > Tech Issues, Bug Reports & Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode