Honda fourtrax 300 4x4 cdi - Honda TRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-18-2018, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Honda fourtrax 300 4x4 cdi

I have brought a honda fourtrax 300 4x4 and iam not getting any sparks on my plug and the cdi seems to be damaged and i want to order a new ignition cdi but iam not sure if the cdi is Dc or Ac. Any help can i get as to what cdi does it uses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-19-2018, 01:40 AM

Not sure if the years matter on the 300fw 4x4 or not as far as the cdi goes but if I were gonna order one I'd order it from here https://www.motosport.com/utility/oe...4/wire-harness it's gonna be number 15 on the diagram it's expensive yes but it's also OEM and you don't have to worry about whether or not it's ac or dc and potentially doing harm to your investment. I just did a rear brake job on my boss's '91 300fw 4x4 and afterwards drove it around for a while and man that thing was powerful and felt like I was riding a tank lol anyway hope this helped a little
post #3 of 5 Old 04-19-2018, 01:48 AM

Also from the research I done on a Kandi 250x sport quad I built 2 years ago the larger cdi like the one on your 300fw and my 300ex are the DC cdi boxes and the smaller boxes are the ac cdi. This is because the stator puts out ac voltage and the dc cdi has to have more components inside to convert the ac to dc current so I'm assuming both yours and mine are dc current. The China quad I built had ac cdi and they were about half the size of ours. Also I ordered an aftermarket cdi for the China bike when I was first learning and ordered a dc cdi and fried a bunch of stuff lol anyway just thought I'd throw that out there good luck buddy and welcome to the forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-19-2018, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

What year is your 300FW? Got the VIN handy?

Did some research - for 1988 the original CDI box was part number 30410-HC4-003 - for 1989 thru 1993 part number 30410-HC5-971 which superceded to 30410-HC4-770 was used. Then in 1998, the part changed to 30410-HM5-A11 which superseded to 30410-HM5-S01 which then superceded to 30400-HM5-506 - this unit was used on all 300's (2 and 4 wheel drive) from 1988 to 2000.

In all cases, the CDI unit is DC with 12v fed in on the blue wire with the white stripe.

Last edited by Here 2 help; 04-20-2018 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #5 of 5 Old 04-20-2018, 01:47 AM Thread Starter

Many thanks to everyone for the kind support.
Your suggestion are taken heed of.
Ill try my best to fix the quad and if iam lost i know this forum is of great help to me.
Thanks

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda TRX Forum > Honda TRX Discussions > TRX General Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode