honda trx 125 1988, need answers please - Honda TRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 06-28-2019, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

hello there, after a long search I finally found a trx 125 1988, the bike is in very nice condition but not running. previous owner said it has a new battery, a new stator and nothing. he said its an electrical issue. any imputs or ideas?
Where is the best place to buy replacement parts?
whats the best oil to use on this bikes? if you can upload a picture it will be amazing.
also, I need a repair shop manual. any ideas were to download one? thanks to all.
Attached Images
File Type: png F97C8696-D09D-4F45-BD2E-351A325093F5_1561737061206.png (1.79 MB, 2 views)

Last edited by Turqui; 06-28-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-29-2019, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Congratulations on your find, but why did you want a TRX125 in non running condition? Now you need to find another one in not so good of condition for the parts you might need.

Anyway, your only source for parts will be Ebay, Facebook and salvage yards. The only parts available from Honda are nuts, bolt, bearings and some gaskets. I can provide you guidance, advice, part numbers and can email you or upload service manual pages. You can download a service manual for $14.95 HERE

Just let me know how I can help you. BTW, the engine does need a battery to run - the battery only provides power to run the starter motor and some lights.

The first step in trying to find spark is to unplug disconnect the black wire with the white stripe going to the CDI box - grounding the b/w wire is how you kill the spark. The ignition has 4 wires; when the switch is on, it connects the red wire to the black wire to make the lights and starter work - when you turn the switch off, it connects the b/w wire to green (green is ground). When trying to find spark - my first step is to unplug the CDI connector with the b/w wire, turn the key switch on, put the handlebar switch in the run position and check for continuity between the b/w wire and ground at the CDI connector - if no continuity, the problem is usually (in this order); wiring connections (including grounding connections between ground wires and components and components to frame), spark plug, spark plug cap, stator, CDI unit, pulse generator, flywheel, flywheel key or something else including a combination of problems.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda TRX Forum > Honda TRX Discussions > TRX General Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda TRX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode