Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Honda TRX250 Fourtrax
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had to replace clutch plates and one way clutch inside the right side case. I put everything back just like the manual showed but the case seems to be fighting me going back on (very tight). I couldn’t see anything binding. The case did gb on but now I’m dealing with the following issues:
-quad moves as soon as I shift into gear yet the clutch adjustment screw ;on the case)won’t move in the “more play” direction.
-gear shift lever won’t spring back into place (have to lift up slightly on the shift lever before making the next shift)
-Kick start lever just makes a ratcheting sound when moving (doesn’t turn engine over)

Anybody have any wisdom on this?

·
Registered
1985 Honda TRX250 Fourtrax
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: The new one way bearing was reversed (wasn’t marked which way went out) That’s now corrected so the kick starter is back in action. I also discovered that the clutch adjustment screw was frozen and got that loosened up .The side case went back on with no problem but the clutch adjustment screw still won’t turn either direction with the case on ( turns fine with the case off) and the gearshift lever (on the opposite side of the engine is now binding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts