Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought this bike about a year ago from a friend and it wasnt running at all. but prior to me buying it the bike was running at one point . I took off the carb and it was rusted and had all kinds of stuff in there so i went to a honda dealership and bought a brand new carb. ever since i put the new carb on the bike starts up but leaks gas from the drainage tube. i tried to disassemble everything carefully making sure to put everything back the way it was, i just wanted to make sure it was all clean. there was some dirt but it was cleaned out and soaked in carb cleanr so the carb is clean. But the bike wont turn on and still leaks gas out of the drainage tube. So now i a little stumped any help or suggestions would be appreciated. thanks -Ray

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:

i got the bike to run and it runs well the only problem i have now is that it still leaks gas from the drainage tube. Any help would be appreciated. -Ray

·
Super Moderator
3,997 Posts
Since the carb is new, either the float needle is not shutting the fuel off completely due to dirt keeping the needle from seating or the float needle is damaged or installed incorrectly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since the carb is new, either the float needle is not shutting the fuel off completely due to dirt keeping the needle from seating or the float needle is damaged or installed incorrectly.

how can i tell if the needle isnt sitting correctly? and does the stock carb come with adjustable needle or does it just have one setting?

·
Super Moderator
3,997 Posts
The needle isn't adjustable, but the float is

It is set with the carb held at about a 45` angle and measured from the float bowl sealing surface (takes a special tool)

If you bought the carb at a dealer, they should be willing to set the float at no charge

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The needle isn't adjustable, but the float is

It is set with the carb held at about a 45` angle and measured from the float bowl sealing surface (takes a special tool)

If you bought the carb at a dealer, they should be willing to set the float at no charge
thank you im going to take it to the dealer today and see if i can get it fixed. i really appreciate your help. -Ray

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so problem was solved broke down the carb one last time found no dirt but the dirt that was in it before scratched the float needle allowing gas to flow through. nomore gas leaking from drain tube as of now but i havent had a chance to get out and ride it but seems like everything is in running order again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts