Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 01 400ex I am trying to star it it acts like it wants to crank but won't it has brand new plug and its firing it will crank for half a second then stop over and over again could that be a carb problem or valve problem any help?

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Depends on what you are describing as "cranking". My definition of cranking is the engine turning over. Some people describing cranking as the starter motor spinning.

If the starter motor spins, starts to crank the engine then the engine quits cranking and the starter motor continues to spin - then you have a bad starter clutch.

If the starter motor spins and then quits without cranking the engine - it could be the starter motor, solenoid, or something in the wiring.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I mean the motor keeps turning over like the four wheeler wants to start but won't I took head off today and looked at piston the head had a bent valve I think that's why it wouldn't stay running

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.