Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It recently picked up a 2002 250ex. Was told it needed a clutch. When looking into it I found its stuck in reverse. I tryed moving in back and forth while moving the shifter. I tooling the clutch case off. Everything looks like its correct. I'm Hopeing it's something that doesn't involve splitting the cases and end up rebuilding the hole motor. Can anyone help?

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
I just recently worked on a 250EX that wouldn't shift. I expected the problem to be a broken part on the shift shaft on the rear of the motor which requires engine removal.

To figure this problem out, remove the clutch cover - with the rear wheels off the ground, have an assistant slowly turn the wheels while trying to shift the transmission. You observe the shift shaft below and to the left of the clutch. If the shaft tries to turn but does not move the shift plate the problem will probably be in the shift mechanism. If the shaft doesn't try to turn, then the problem is probably in the pawl on the rear of the engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.