Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is the problem the quad will idle in nutral and will rev up
In nutral no problem but as soon as u put it in gear and try to actually ride it, it cuts out / Boggs out and shuts down, it sounds like a pop corn machine lol . I changed the whole top end gaskets cleaned the entire carb everything jet and needle and still cuts out as soon as u get on it in gear I have no idea what else to do! A friend of mine said maybe the valves need to be redone idk, if any one has and input that would be great!!! Thanks
MiTcH

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
It has nothing to do with the valves unless it's hard to start. It may be an ignition problem. I hope you have a new spark plug in it? Or it may be a restriction in the intake? Near impossible to troubleshoot with the minimal information presented and not knowing the qualifications of the mechanic that cleaned the carb and rebuilt the top end of the engine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea brand new spark plug , and only did the gaskets in the top end, it maybe the air intake I got a new k&n air filter for it and a new lid for the air box bc the old one was two small but maybe it doesn't need a lid at all? Everything in the top end was done correctly for sure. What else do u think u need to know to help me ? Bc I would appreciate the help. Thanks
MiTcH

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So i tryed driveing it with the air box lid completly off and it continues to cut out as soon as I get it past a quarter throttle I don't know what else to do. Please someone help me lol
MiTcH

·
Registered
8 Posts
If it seemed to do a little better with no lid on i would try putting the snorkel back on or a make shift one i forget what i used but it works great no holes sealed up good all summer so lmk if u want me to figure out exactly what i used if u dont have one on. mine was having a similar problem ended up being that it was not getting enough air and starving itself for air when you would get on it past half throttle ... i would try even different jets. what jets do u have and modded at all? plug seem fouled at all? if not i would try coil or CDI box i picked up cheap ones when i was testing different parts i no longer have a coil but i do have the box still.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help guys I'm just a dumbass and rode it with the choke still on when I got home. Realized that and shut the choke off and ran like a top lol. Thanks again the no lid ended up to be the problem I believe. Btw realmenridered I believe I have a 150 jet in it thanks again everyone !! If anyone knows anythin about shocks / shock lengthens and +2 a-arms let me know
MiTcH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.