Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

04 TRX 350 4x4

9K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  brendon ferguson 
#1 ·
I have a problem with my 350. It starts but runs rough and doesn't idle. If I take the choke off it dies right away. I pulled the carb apart and cleaned everything as it was pretty dirty. After reading a thread about cleaning a carb they said the count how many times it takes to turn the jets and tuning screws tight and then you will know where to put them when you rebuild it afterwards. I tried this but everything was completely tight. Does it seem like they should all be tight? Yesterday I was able to get the engine to run without the choke but only at high throttle. It even seemed like it backfired a couple of times or made some loud pops a couple of times.

Anybody have some suggestions? I might have to take it in but would like to see if I could try and fix it and save a couple of hundred bucks. At $100/hr it gets pricing to fix.

Thanks

#5 ·
Working

I finally got it working. After reading all weekend about cleaning carbs I decided to pull it apart again.

How to Clean a Motorcycle Carburetor, the RIGHT way. Evan Fell Cycle Works

Great article. I didn't believe that boiling a carb would actually work but sure enough it got my idle jet cleaned out. That was what was given me the problem. I knew it had to be this jet and ordered a new one today. Won't come in until tomorrow so I thought I would try a boil the carb like the article said. It worked and now I don't need the new jet.

Next project will be the brakes.

Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.