Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 11 yr old son and are fixing up an 05 trx 250ex. W need a rear axle. I think i found one but want to replace all seals and bearings when we slide out the old one. I was on dirtcheapatvparts.com an was wondering if someone could help me out with what pieces I will need. # 12 in the final drive assembly has like 10 different sizes. Which one is for his atv? If you could just list the numbers and quantities i need we would be very greatful. he is dieing to try it out.

Also any parts for sale let me know.

Thanks everyone in advance.
Paul

·
Super Moderator
4,276 Posts
Part #12 is a shim. The right one is determined during assembly. You will need a service manual and some special tools to disassemble the final drive. Now typically, you can replace the bearings and re-use the shims with no problem. The shims are to set the correct clearence and backlash between the ring and pinion gear, and set the clearence between the ring gear and the bearings in the housing. It would take a trained Honda technician about an hour to go through the proceedure and get it correct and that's with the final drive out of the machine and completely clean.

Since the bearings have to be installed from the inside, if there is no play in the bearings, you might want to just install new seals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
05 TRX250EX rear axle length?

Can anyone tell me the length of the 05 trx250ex? Or if there are different lengths you can use which one is preferred.
Thanks
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts