Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My atv has good compression and spark. I just cleaned the carb along with all the jets and the float is working. The back of the carb is sucking good when i put my hand over it. Im getting a little gas on my spark plug so im getting gas...i dont understand what else it can be. Im thinking is something electrical not allowing it to start or something.

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
If you have compression, spark, spark at the right time, fuel and air in the right amounts - it's got to run, it's a machine

What is the compression? When is the last time it ran?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
05 honda 300 trx wont start

Idk the last time it started and i dont have a compression test. A guy told me its the cdi. It can be bad a i still get spark.

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
Normally if the CDI is bad you don't get any spark - the stator, the coil, the spark plug cap or the spark plug could be bad and you can get a spark, but it won't start

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Oh ok. Do you know what the proper spark plug gap should be on an 05 honda trx300ex sportrax?

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
.024 to .028 inch is the specified gap

Note: the closer the gap the easier it is to get spark - a good spark will jump a 1/4 to 1/2 inch gap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well i just checked the spark plug gap and it was perfect.i just bought the ngk plug. So i guess the last thing is to get a new ignition coil. Oh and i still havent done a proper compression test to see if it has enough compression but it seems ok.

·
Super Moderator
4,414 Posts
Do the compression test - most problems come down to low compression caused by tight valves (generally it's the intake valves that get tight)

Coils are the last thing to get - if you have any spark, it is usually:
1st - plug
2nd - plug cap
3rd - stator
Last - coil

If you know someone with one like yours that runs, swap parts off theirs onto yours to see if any of the external parts fixes the problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
05 honda trx300 wont start

Well i found out i have NO compression. What are all the parts im going to need to fix this problem?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.