Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello i am geting ready to install a 480 kit in my trx 450r and im not sure what carbs settings i should go with, what size jets i live in south eastern south dakota at about 1500feet elevation, i will have a 480 kit with 10.5-1 piston and have a uni air filter, k&N filter lid, and have a full system dasa exhaugst, has pro circut cam head will also be ported, just wondering if you have any recomedations what to use or where to start any help would be great thank you!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
Start with a 120 or 125 main jet. Don't change anything else till running and fully warmed up - then set the idle, adjust the slide needle for midrange IF IT NEEDS ADJUSTED - then after the engine is broke in, run it up to full throttle to see if it needs jetted up or down at the top of the rpm range. If it tapers off and seems like it wants to do more but can't, then jet up - if it runs up to a point and suddenly acts like the choke is on, then jet down

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thank you what is stock jet size just wondering lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i guese now i have to put a crank in so i will now have a +3 crank and the 480 top end kit i said in the first question. So would you still say start at a 120? So can i order like a power up kit or something whats your recomdation i like to order from ebay thank uyou

·
Registered
61 Posts
k2n filter lid is like running open air box, you will need between a 180 to 185 main(starting point) if its a stock carb. if its been changed to a fcr carb then the jets will have to be diff

it very hard to get jetting perfect when ported without a dyno
here to help knows his stuff, and is normally on with his info,
but 120 to 125 would work with full exhaust and air box lid on.
it will be lean with your setup

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i want to go up from a 118 all the way to a 185?? Thats a hige jump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.