Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike is 'Stock' as a box of rocks.
I NEED to upgrade to better units. Without paying as much for the shocks as the bike is worth.
I want NEW. Not someones cast-off stock OEM shocks.
Want to upgrade BOTH ends.
Suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just ordered Elka Stage 3's for my2006 250 ex...expensive yes, but right now you can get a whole set front and rear plus a steering stabilizer for a really good price on Ebay...Elka has discontinued the Stage 3's and you can get em alot cheaper than they used to be...probably JUST UNDER what the 250 is worth ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sry u had no luck with the Elkas...If nothing else ...could u send them out to be rebuilt for your size/weight by someone like GT Thunder?...looks like I'm going to have to purchase a front Raptor shock and send it out to GT Thunder...apparently Elka doesn't make rear shocks for the 250's...:mad:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sue!

Sue, I contacted 'GT Thunder'..$740.00 to revalve, respring and, rebuild all three shocks on my TRX400EX. Been swapping emails with Lazarus Summers.
He's going to upgrade my TRX450R front shocks and stock rear. Considering they have never been serviced, I am thinking is is a good place to start. Fresh rebuilds and springs with valving for my weight.

Then the hard part. Tuning them for my riding style and terrain.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just saw your post...did u send out the shocks yet?? Let me know how u like them!? I'm pretty sure GT won't take anywhere NEAR as long to rebuild those shocks as NOLEEN....I'm almost at 6 weeks........ ! :mad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh and btw I have the same stabilizer on my quad....haven't had it too long and recently while out riding I missed a few turns and was hearing alittle racket....thought the stabilizer was toast...REALLY? Apparently, they can come UNSCREWED at the end so keep an eye out....just make sure it's tight I guess.. ; ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.