Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay first of all, I have an 05 TRX450R and the Crank recently Died in it. Main Thrush Washer turned into millions of Metal Bits. Bye Bye Bottom end. I knew this was going to happened because I have Read and seen this happen to allot of older TRX's and it happened to me cruising at bout 40 mph. So I pulled the engine apart, got the case split "case in still great shape" I just orderd a Hot Rods Crank kit and going to run (Brand New OEM Honda Main Bearings) "because from my Research the Hot Rods Bearings don't last as long"

So Anyways my question is I Wanna run a 13:5:1 High Compression JE Piston "STD Bore 94mm" and Deck my head about 30 Thousandths. Can I still run pump Gasoline or do I need to buy 110 octane Race Fuel?

Another Idea I had come to Mind... Are the 2006+ TRX450R's Piston Wrist Pins the same size as the 04/05's? If So Could I just get a High Compression JE 13:5:1 and bore my 94mm to the 06+ Size of 97mm and be good and have a 478cc engine? or would I over heat like crazy with an 06 Piston bore? I Ride streets and Drag race allot so it stays pretty cool and has Constant Air flow on the RAD never had over heated before even with Drag Racing buddys and all..

Or should I just stay Stander Bore with a 11:5:1 JE?

I Do allot of Drag Racing & Street Cruising "sometimes Trail Riding"
I Wanna keep some Reliability, I do use the Quad for Street use from time to time Sometimes take it to work for fun.
"I'm in Arizona I have it Street Legal"

My Previous Mods so far before the Crank Locked up was

Hot Cams Stage 2
Ported & Polished
41mm FCR Carburetor "Carb From 07 CRF450R"
NOSS Adapter
No Air Box Lid
Uni Intake
Big Gun Rev Box 10,000 Rev
Stock Exhaust with Spark Arrestor Removed
Always run 91 Octane

FYI: I always Change the Engine Oil, Filter & Transmission Oil after about 15 Hours of Riding.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks, exactly what I was looking for and kinda what I figured.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.