Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new big gun Eco slip on and now my bike pops when I let off the throttle and from 3/4 throttle on it runs weird like dies out but not off. I contacted big gun they said I wouldn't need a jetting kit. Also the big gun is like 10mm bigger then the stock head pipe and doesn't seal right. Any help would be nice.

·
Super Moderator
4,479 Posts
The POP is back fire caused by being too lean at idle (letting off the throttle completely returns the throttle to the idle setting) - a jet kit may correct it, but it's up to you to select the correct jet. I suggest enriching the idle mixture by turning the fuel mixture screw out one full turn - if that doesn't do it, change the pilot jet in the float bowl from a 42 to a 45 and reset the fuel mixture for a satisfactory idle when hot (don't try adjusting the fuel mixture screw on a cold engine - it need to be ridden about 20 minutes before making the adjustment) - another thing that could help is to increase the idle speed. But you put the pipe on to increase performance and a little backfire (while annoying) is not hurting anything - it's a racing engine trait.

As far as losing response above 3/4 throttle it's probably from leaning out and a larger main jet is needed - 95 is standard so you might need a 100 or a 105. Just have to try one or the other or even larger. It's part of the fun of building a performance engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts