Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
The HRC cam and the stage 2 Hot cam are so close to each other you probably won't notice a differance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny story; I bought the 450 in July. The guy that I got it from had only owned it for a couple months, he bought it from a guy that didn't even own it for more than 1 month, he bought it from the original owner. So I'm the 4th owner in as many years. The original guy that bought it modded it for his wife, but for 3 and a half years, all it did was sit. She rode it once at the dunes and evidently it scared her and she never got on it again.

I digress. The guy that I bought it from said that the original owner only added an HMF slip on, ONE industries graphics, and the nerf bars. He added the aftermarket handle bars. I didn't think those were such bad upgrades. The bike looks pretty good.

But I wanted a cam. So I ordered a hot cam from rocky mountain atv. I take it apart on Saturday, to find out that the cam wasn't stock. It's an HRC. Hmm... I open the top end and also find an HRC needle... I changed the jetting 2 weeks ago so I know that's been done. I open the hood and find the green wire mod already done.. I measured the pipe and it's the HRC pipe size. What the heck?! The original owner did a whole HRC kit and it didn't get communicated. So I got more upgrades than I planned on. (Do a little dance) Except now I can't return the Hot cam. It's open already, why not put it in and sell the HRC.

That's the long story. I'm such a girl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts