Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What frame color looks good on a Black 2007 400ex?
I was thinking about making it all black, rims and all.
Pics would be helpful.
Also, what kind of paint stays on good and is rustproof, would like to brush it on not spray it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
if my bike was black, i`d go with a shiny red frame, coat the rims black, with red hubs same color as the frame, red axle and black swing-arm... then you`ll have one fine looking bike... i wouldnt go ALL black though... and if it were me id pay the extra and just have it powdercoated and forget about it. hope this helps man!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to go with Honda red frame and leave A-arms stock or Black and probably leave the axle the same. How much does powder coating usually cost for a frame?

·
Registered
40 Posts
About 250$ or so for the frame, I plan on powdercoating my frame black, black rims, red hubs, black swing arm and red axle. But I have white plastics. I think Honda red should look real good with the black plastics. The reason I say powdercoating is because you should never have to take your bike down again to paint it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About 250$ or so for the frame, I plan on powdercoating my frame black, black rims, red hubs, black swing arm and red axle. But I have white plastics. I think Honda red should look real good with the black plastics. The reason I say powdercoating is because you should never have to take your bike down again to paint it.
If i ever had to take my engine off to fix i would powder coat it but i plan on painting without completely taking it apart, I have done the before and the paint did not chip, I don't ride on rocks too much its mainly dirt trails so not much to chip the paint.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I hope it works out for you because i know it will be a pain to completely disassemble the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.