Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1984 trx200
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just picked up a 1984 trx200, it’s a project or will become a parts bike once I find another more complete one.

The oil dipstick was cut or broken off. I have from the threads up but not the cross hatched part. I was wondering if anyone knew (or could measure and let me know) the length of it from the underside of the threads to the cross hatching.

·
Super Moderator
4,465 Posts
Thanks for the info, I do have one on order but was hoping to get ahead of the shipping time.
If you are in a hurry, just measure the quantity of oil put into the motor and ride with the broken dipstick - as long as it doesn't use oil or leak, it will be fine until the replacement gets here. I only rely on the dipstick between oil changes - when I change the oil in my F150, I just pour in 6 quarts and drive it a 1000 miles before checking the oil - usually between 1000 and 2000 miles I will add a quart (motor has over 200K on it and it uses a little, but it does not smoke).

·
Registered
1984 trx200
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are in a hurry, just measure the quantity of oil put into the motor and ride with the broken dipstick - as long as it doesn't use oil or leak, it will be fine until the replacement gets here. I only rely on the dipstick between oil changes - when I change the oil in my F150, I just pour in 6 quarts and drive it a 1000 miles before checking the oil - usually between 1000 and 2000 miles I will add a quart (motor has over 200K on it and it uses a little, but it does not smoke).
ha good idea, I didn’t think of that way of doing it. 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts