Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1985 Honda TRX125. Does anybody know where I might be able to find this lock nut adapter tool? I am trying to remove the steering stem bearing and seal, before bringing the frame in to have it sand blasted and powder coated. I've got it tore down to the frame, all but this seal and bearing.

Honda Tool Part #: 07916-VM60100 (Lock Nut Wrench Adapter)

I've also have difficulty finding this steering stem seal, if anybody knows where I might find one. Part #:53316-VM6-003. Plan to bring it to the local bearing/seal shop if I cant find one here soon.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,475 Posts
Make a tool by finding a metric bolt with the correct size hex head and weld a nut to the threaded portion then use the proper size socket to turn the fabricated tool.

Carefully remove the seal and the size is usually embossed onto the face; i.e. 25 37 5 - 25 is the ID, 37 is the OD and 5 is the depth. If the size is not embossed or it cannot be read, just measure the shaft OD, the seal bore ID and the depth of the seal and look for that size from any source; Kawasaki, FAG, NSK, Federal Mogul, Chicago Rawhide or approach any local bearing distributor - as long as the seal was not of a special manufacture dimension, any seal will work - also use a new 6203 bearing sealed on both sides - if you cannot find a seal, the seals on the bearing will suffice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found a bolt and nut setup that worked great. Saved the seal as well. Now the frame is ready for sand blast and powder coat. Let the rebuild begin!

Tyson

Make a tool by finding a metric bolt with the correct size hex head and weld a nut to the threaded portion then use the proper size socket to turn the fabricated tool.

Carefully remove the seal and the size is usually embossed onto the face; i.e. 25 37 5 - 25 is the ID, 37 is the OD and 5 is the depth. If the size is not embossed or it cannot be read, just measure the shaft OD, the seal bore ID and the depth of the seal and look for that size from any source; Kawasaki, FAG, NSK, Federal Mogul, Chicago Rawhide or approach any local bearing distributor - as long as the seal was not of a special manufacture dimension, any seal will work - also use a new 6203 bearing sealed on both sides - if you cannot find a seal, the seals on the bearing will suffice.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts