Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have for sale a 1985 Honda TRX 125 4-wheeler. I am the original owner and has always been stored inside. This 4wheeler was in good shape physically but the engine had low compression, even though it would kick over it would just bog down and not move if there was a rider on it. I installed a new head gasket and have been unable to get the engine to start since (again, it was running before the head gasket). It has spark and is getting gas but i think the timing may be off, i'm not sure.

Right now i have the whole thing apart and am looking to part it out unless someone wants to pickup the whole unit.

The frame would make an excellent project for a number of things like repairing the engine i have and reinstalling it, installing a ATC engine or a number of other engines, or even modifying the frame into a offroad cart which i was kind of thinking about doing myself.

The engine should fit into any 1980s TRX 80/90/110/125 or ATC 80/90/110/125. These engines are sought after since they have electric start and reverse which the ATC did not have but this is a TRX forum so i'm sure you guys already know this.

* THE RED PLASTICS AND SEAT IN THE PHOTOS WERE SOLD.

Still have:

* frame with full steering assembly and tires (front brakes / hubs not included) - looking for about $150.
* Complete engine, carb, & transmission - looking for about $250, make an offer. (this is all packed up and ready to ship, last buyer backed out at the last minute after he found a local engine).
* Tail light (no cracks, looks perfect) - $30
* Wiring harness (complete with all electrical stuff except the ignition switch which was cut off and still on the frame) - $40
* Rear tool box (no tools) - $25

Everything is located in New Hampshire.
Don't mind shipping as long as the buyer cover the cost.
Everything is sold as is. Please email any questions you might have.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just an update on the seat / rear plastic's: just noticed there was a 1" crack on the right side of the plastic, you can see it in the photo which is attached to the original ad, the seat is 100% and has no rips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i was wondering if u would part out the motor i need gears from the sub transmission
let me know thanks
Lou

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The motor (IE: engine, transmission, & carb) is still for sale, all packed up and ready to ship. :)

it weighs in around 79 pounds, rough shipping estimate is going to be around $50.

Poster above found one locally so my engine is still up for grabs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have for sale a 1985 Honda TRX 125 4-wheeler. I am the original owner and has always been stored inside. This 4wheeler was in good shape physically but the engine had low compression, even though it would kick over it would just bog down and not move if there was a rider on it. I installed a new head gasket and have been unable to get the engine to start since (again, it was running before the head gasket). It has spark and is getting gas but i think the timing may be off, i'm not sure.

Right now i have the whole thing apart and am looking to part it out unless someone wants to pickup the whole unit.

The frame would make an excellent project for a number of things like repairing the engine i have and reinstalling it, installing a ATC engine or a number of other engines, or even modifying the frame into a offroad cart which i was kind of thinking about doing myself.

The engine should fit into any 1980s TRX 80/90/110/125 or ATC 80/90/110/125. These engines are sought after since they have electric start and reverse which the ATC did not have but this is a TRX forum so i'm sure you guys already know this.

* THE RED PLASTICS AND SEAT IN THE PHOTOS WERE SOLD.

Still have:

* Rolling frame with full steering assembly, breaks and tires - looking for about $350.
* Complete engine, carb, & transmission - looking for about $350
* Tail light (no cracks, looks perfect) - $30
* Wiring harness (complete with all electrical stuff except the ignition switch which was cut off and still on the frame) - $40
* Rear
tool boxes - $25
* Gas tank and cap (minor rust but no leaks) - $45

Everything is located in New Hampshire.
Don't mind shipping as long as the buyer cover the cost.
Everything is sold as is. Please email any questions you might have.
is your tool box still available? i want that one. please let me know. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i do still have the small tool box that mounts near the tail light. i do not have the tools that came in it though.

not damaged.

$25 plus $5 for shipping (in the US).

·
Super Moderator
3,759 Posts
Got both - tank is good with only slight surface rust on the inside, has a good cap and (at this time) an operating petcock. Ignition switch has one key and works perfectly. $150 for both and free shipping within the contiguous 48 United States. For pics email [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
3,759 Posts
I have 2 front rims (appear to be pretty straight and with tires) and a near perfect seat. PM me and I'll give you my email address and send you pics if you want them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts