Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all the parts interchange for 1986-1988 Trx200sx four wheelers? I have a 1988 trx200sx that I need some parts for and I was wondering if parts from a 1986 or 1987 trx200sx would fit.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
Don't know about ALL parts, but tell me what parts you are considering and I can tell you if they will fit. The frames were different for each year, so some parts will probably not interchange.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need to keep this post at the top and update :) I just bought a beater 200sx for my son and the front brake cylinder is shot. It seems that front brake parts and impossible to find, but I bet Nissin supplied that cylinder and other hardware for other models.

Any info on parts interchangeability will help greatly.

·
Super Moderator
4,643 Posts
If you are talking about the master cylinder, it fit:
1986 ATC200X A
1986 TRX200SX A
1987 TRX200SX A
1988 TRX200SX A
Notice in 1986 it was used on both the ATC and TRX
If you are talking about the wheel cylinder, they fit:
1986 TRX200SX A
1987 TRX200SX A
1988 TRX200SX A
Note: left is different from right and unless it's a misprint) they were made by NISSHIN - not NISSIN

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am fairly positive it has all Nissin brake components. the microfiche's point to Nissin as well. looking at them the difference is the was the backside is machined for line and bleeder placement.

I was hoping that the wheel cylinder was used on other quads (Same part, same geometry, different part#) type deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.