Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,479 Posts
How many do you need? I found 2 outer and 3 inner springs brand new - the inner springs are in Canada @ $20 each and the outer are in Colorado @ $40 each. Other than that you will have to find an 85 or 86 ATC or TRX350 to get used springs out of. Why do you need valve springs anyway?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many do you need? I found 2 outer and 3 inner springs brand new - the inner springs are in Canada @ $20 each and the outer are in Colorado @ $40 each. Other than that you will have to find an 85 or 86 ATC or TRX350 to get used springs out of. Why do you need valve springs anyway?
I found some valve springs online for around $10 a pop brand new. I ordered 4 outer plus valve seals. I am replacing the piston rings and decided to check the valve springs. Based on the shop manuals tolerance they were compressed and needed to be replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the way, I appreciate your time and assistance.

·
Super Moderator
4,479 Posts
Well, you did your due diligence and checked the specs before jumping the gun, but on an old motor like that, unless the old springs are broken, it would have performed fine without spring replacement. It's good that you checked, but on an old engine, some concessions may be made unless you are trying to restore top performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts