Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up an 86 125 for the kids and it needed some work. i put a new carb on tonight and it'll fire right up but once it's warmed up it'll die when you touch the throttle wether the choke is on or off. motor sounds pretty healthy. i noticed when it first started and i put it in gear that i can't get the rear tires to roll with the throttle. the motor acts like it has a pretty decent load against it and tries dying when you keep adding more throttle. i have a little knowledge on quads i have 5 right now but just can't figure out what's going on here. thanks for your input

- Scottie

·
Super Moderator
4,647 Posts
Normally if a carbureted engine dies when trying to accelerate, the problem is in the carburetor - it fails to add sufficient fuel to the incoming volume of air to allow the engine to run, however, if it accelerates somewhat and starts losing power (chugging like the choke is on), then it is adding too much fuel to the air - either way it's still a problem in the carb. Might be why it seems like there is a load on the motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.