Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a TRX 70 for the kids and we just love the thing. Goes over anything, runs great, it is a little tank. Until yesterday anyway when all the sudden it isn't moving. Running great still but shifting through the gears it all sounds like normal and the shift indicator on the side looks to be going through the gears as normal but nothing is engaging? Dont hear any odd sounds or anything.

Any ideas? Clutch problem maybe? Could the chain have snapped or something? Any other ideas?

I am not much of a mechanic as you can tell but am not looking to go to a dealer and pay a few hundred if possible to fix a $600 machine. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Brian.

·
Super Moderator
4,276 Posts
It is almost certainly a clutch problem. The clutch is both centrifugal and manual. The manual part is adjustable (i.e. the nut and slotted screw on the RH engine cover). Loosen the lock nut then turn the screw. If the screw feels tight, turn it to the right till it gets loose then tighten the lock nut. If the screw feels loose, turn it to the left till you feel tension against it, then turn it to the right till it loses the tension then tighten the locknut. A service manual explains the adjustment proceedure in detail. If adjusting the clutch does not correct the problem then surgery will have to be performed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts