Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restoring my 1986 trx200sx. I have to make sure I can get it running first, and it should just fine. It has compression and spark. I am the only owner of it. So, since I did not customize the engine, and my brother rebuilt the engine, it should run fine. Now, my question is this. I can get the fenders and hood for it, but I cannot find the inner fenders or all the hardware to put them on. Can anyone help?

·
Super Moderator
4,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Someone on here might have a 200sx they are parting out or willing to sell. Best thing to do is find another 86 trx200sx (or two or three) as nearly all parts (except nuts, bolts, screws and other common parts) are NLA from Honda. The air filter element and some of the air box hardware is still available. The starter clutch (outer) and ignition pulse generator are still available. Valve seals and retainers are still available. Pistons in .25 and 1.0 mm oversize are still available, but no piston rings of any size are.

Many NOS parts not available from Honda are still available for somewhere in the world on Ebay - I have gotten parts from Thailand, New Zealand, Australia, Norway and Finland. Other parts are available aftermarket like pistons, brake shoes, cables and levers. It takes a lot of work and a long time to find all the parts to restore an old vehicle, but when done, it makes a nice decoration or addition to a collection.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Someone on here might have a 200sx they are parting out or willing to sell. Best thing to do is find another 86 trx200sx (or two or three) as nearly all parts (except nuts, bolts, screws and other common parts) are NLA from Honda. The air filter element and some of the air box hardware is still available. The starter clutch (outer) and ignition pulse generator are still available. Valve seals and retainers are still available. Pistons in .25 and 1.0 mm oversize are still available, but no piston rings of any size are.

Many NOS parts not available from Honda are still available for somewhere in the world on Ebay - I have gotten parts from Thailand, New Zealand, Australia, Norway and Finland. Other parts are available aftermarket like pistons, brake shoes, cables and levers. It takes a lot of work and a long time to find all the parts to restore an old vehicle, but when done, it makes a nice decoration or addition to a collection.
I hate to be negative, but I have looked on ebay, amazon, and my local honda dealership where I live. NO LUCK!! I hate to be a nuisance, but could you give me some recommendations on places to find the used stuff I need?

·
Super Moderator
4,296 Posts
I hate to be negative, but I have looked on ebay, amazon, and my local honda dealership where I live. NO LUCK!! I hate to be a nuisance, but could you give me some recommendations on places to find the used stuff I need?
Facebook market place, powersportsnation.com - other than that Bing ATV salvage and start calling and emailing. The salvages are scattered all over the US and there is no national line between them - they are all independents - social media is a good place to start, just ask if anyone has one for parts and your friends will ask their friends who will ask their friends and with luck you find a few.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts