Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been resurrecting a 1987 Fourtrax 1987. Installed a new battery and drained and fresh gas in tank. Started easily. Drove it about 50 yards and washed it down good. Now the neutral light will not come on and will not go into neutral. Will not start with starter switch unless neutral light is on. I did get it to start once while in gear using pull cord but that was only time it would start with pull cord. What is my problem and what do I need to do to get the neutral light on so it will start with starter switch? Checked fuse and it is good Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on suggestion. Works great. Rocked it and able to get into neutral. Thanks. I was ready to put it in the shop and pay who know how much to get that same info. Probably had to do that some 13-20 years ago with the kids. hope the grandkids can get as much enjoyment out of it as the kids did.
Now, any gems how to best get it to idle? Must be an idle screw on the carb but looks like will have to remove air breather to get to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.