Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,465 Posts
It's not published information, but it's a low voltage system - all the trouble shooting is done checking resistance and the service manual recommends kicking the engine over with a spark plug in the engine and using a new plug in the coil wire because there is no spark below 430 RPM - having a plug in the hole uses compression to accelerate the piston and get the crankshaft speed over 430 rpm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay. I am going to replace stator. When I got the 4 wheeler it's needed a stator. It came with a new one so put it on and had it running but it ran like crap so I got a new carb for it and it ran but still like crap. Took it to a buddy and it just lost spark. So I got a new cdi box and ignition coil and spark plug and still no spark. Making me think new stator went to shit. I am lost on this thing

·
Super Moderator
4,465 Posts
Wise choice - there are only 7 parts to the ignition system; the flywheel, stator, pulse generator, the CDI unit, primary coil, spark plug cap and spark plug. Plugs fail the most frequently followed by the stator, pulse coil, primary coil, CDI unit, spark plug cap and then the flywheel.

·
Super Moderator
4,465 Posts
The choices are slim - whatever you can find is the thing to go with whether it is Rick's, Niche or RMSTATOR - only other option would to be to have the stator to rewound. I use Custom Rewind in Birmingham, AL, the phone numbers were 800-798-7282 and 205-798-7282, but the 800 number is gone from the website since the owner died and the business was taken over by the employees. Check them out HERE

21 - 28 of 28 Posts