Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, glad to join. Heres the issue. I've got an 88' TRX350d that will crank, but not run. I tested peak voltage at the wires coming into the coil, 200v. Then when I test the plug wire I see 56v, but if I put the plug against the head its sparking. I think the coil is bad but I'm looking for input. Also, I've already tested, all grounds are good, and the cdi appears to be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have spark at the plug, it may be something else. Is the spark good, consistent and bright? Try some starting fluid to see if it'll pop over and tell if it's fuel related. Why are you certain it's a coil issue if you have spark?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mainly because of the extremely low voltage at the plug wire. I honestly don't know how bright the spark should be, but it is consistent. Ill grab some starting fluid and see how it acts and let you know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Upon further testing, it is blowing air out of the carb, so I'm assuming valves are sticking or bent, maybe timing is off. Might be a top end rebuild in my future. Wouldn't ignite once with starting fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts