Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited a 1991Honda fourtrax 300 4 x 4 from my 77 year old mom and am wondering if anyone has any idea what it might be worth? She purchased it in 1996 (have the sales invoice) she put very few miles on it and stored it in the garage so it is in excellent condition. It takes up to much room in my garage so probably going to try to sell it, any thoughts on what I should try to sell it for??

·
Super Moderator
3,759 Posts
It's worth whatever you might get out of it - the valuation books only go back to 2000, so what's a 30 year old ATV worth? $100 would be a bargain to some and too much for knowledgeable buyers. I suggest you advertise it for $1000 and see what interest there is. You can always reduce the price, but it pretty hard to raise the price. If you advertise it for $1000 and get an overwhelming response, cancel the ad, wait a couple of weeks and re-advertise it with new pics for $2000 - give it a couple of weeks, and if no one shows interest drop the price a couple hundred dollars each week until it sells.

I had a 71 Honda XL70 that was a refugee from a junk yard - I advertised it on Facebook Marketplace for $100 and got about 500 responses on the first day. I refused to sell it and cancelled the ad - a couple weeks later I re-listed for $500 and got two inquiries - every couple weeks I reduced the price $100 - when I dropped the price from $300 to $250 I got some serious inquiries - a week later I sold it for $249.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts