Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 trx250x that has no spark at all. When I bought it, it started and would idle but when I got it home I couldn't get it to idle at all. Now it won't even start. I've tested the ignition coil and it seems there is no continuity so I'm replacing that. But I'm wondering if there is any other problem because before I owned this quad it was flipped. I can see from the owners manual that there is supposed to be an on/off switch on the quad but it isn't there anymore as a result of the previous owner flipping it. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas about that? I'm just wondering if the original ignition coil isn't allowing voltage through it because of an open circuit somewhere since there is no on/off switch. I have checked to make sure it's getting fuel and has compression, like the service manual says, but I am new at this so I'm open to all suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
4,642 Posts
The handlebar on off switch just connected the black wire with the white stripe to the green (ground) - the key switch does the exact thing

Disconnect the black/white wire off the CDI unit and see if you get spark - if yes, there is a short in the black/white wire to ground somewhere

If no spark after disconnecting the black/white wire and the coil is new, the problem is usually the stator, pulse generator, CDI unit or wiring between the components

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.