Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was ridden it and it was good I put it on trailer cut off when I got home and went to take it off trailer it was not firing so I replaced Wiring handle bar cluster stator everything that makes it fire but no fire still

·
Super Moderator
4,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum

First thing you have to do is determine where you have power and where you don't. A std. multi-meter will get you part of the way, but for actual diagnosis, a meter with a peak voltage function or a peak voltage adapter for a std. meter or an oscilloscope will be required.

I presume you checked for spark using a new spark plug?

The first step is to check for 12v at the CDI unit on the blk/wht wire. If there is 12v on the blk/wht wire, then you have a choice of throwing parts at it to try to fix it or sitting down and finding the component that is causing the problem. Consider that most electrical problems are caused by connections and most connection problems are ground connections.

Now that you have determined the connections are all good and there is a faulty component, it is a matter of determining which component is faulty. Start by checking the resistance of the check-able components.

White Font Line Rectangle Parallel

Check the continuity of the primary coil (spark coil) from the blk/yel terminal to the green terminal - then check from the spark plug cap to the green terminal. If there is continuity, then check the continuity of the the pulse coil. If the pulse coil has continuity, then you need to check the peak voltage output of the pulse coil, CDI unit and the primary coil. Checking the peak voltage output of each device will reveal the defective component.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts