Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im in the process of redoing a honda fourtrax 200 ive had forever just fig id throw some money into it. Could you guys tell me what would interchange with the parts on the bike Motor, Suspension, etc i have a 7 year old and she said she wants a big girl fourwheeler so i wanna kinda dress it up a little for her any information will help me im kinda going in blind

·
Super Moderator
4,465 Posts
No - the only bigger top end would be a 250 and it would be easier to put a 250 motor in - to install a 250 motor all you have to do is redesign the frame. If you can find the parts to bore it to 66.5mm (std is 65) it will become a 208 and if you get the crankshaft stroke changed to 61mm instead of the std 60mm along with the bigger bore it will become a 212, but is it worth the cost? A stroker crankshaft is about $250 (if one is available) and a 1.5mm over piston is $100 - installing the stroker crank requires complete engine disassembly along with incidental bearings and seals (another $100), a bore job is $100 and if you are building a fire breathing 200, you may as well have the head rebuilt (about $250), try to get a stage 2 cam ($125) new rocker arms will be required with a new cam (and they are not available, but the OEM rocker arms can be sent out and hard faced (about $125) and then you will need a bigger carb and a performance exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts