Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i really have no idea where to start. all i know is the front wheels are not powered

·
Super Moderator
3,090 Posts
Start with what works and what doesn't

Is the drive shaft to the front differential turning when the rear wheel are being driven?

·
Super Moderator
3,090 Posts
So the drive shaft is working

Get just the rear wheels off the ground (I use a floor jack because it has wheels on it) and chain, tow strap, winch cable or whatever the ATV to a car or truck - start the quad and try to pull the other vehicle using just the front wheels of the ATV. What happens?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That’s not correct I misunderstood the question. I’ll check. I changed the boot on the right front just after I got it. Which was about two years ago. Could I have screwed something up then ?

·
Super Moderator
3,090 Posts
It's highly unlikely you screwed anything up changing boots (but perhaps possible) - it is important to know what turns in the front drive components

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The driveshaft is turning to the differential but not to the axles to the front wheels they are not turning

·
Super Moderator
3,090 Posts
Then the problem is the drive shaft is not turning the pinion shaft of the differential or the differential is not turning the front axle shafts

The problem could be in the differential if the drive shaft is turning the pinion shaft - the differential is a limited slip design with internal clutch plates.

No new parts are available for the differential from Honda - if it is the problem you just have to be satisfied with 2WD, find a used differential or get a different quad.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts