Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 1996 Trx 300ex and had to use the choke for it to run even half throttle. It turns out the rubber tube running from the air filter box to the carb wasn’t on right. Therefor too much air was getting in and that why the choke had to be on all the time. Once I got that all straightened out it ran really good. But that isn’t the problem, when I got the four wheeler the reverse worked perfectly... Now I can't even get the reverse lever to budge and I know I’m doing the right/same process as before. It’s just one day it decided it’s not going to go into reverse... which reverse is kinda useful for where I ride at. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,571 Posts
OK - what's not working when trying to put in reverse? Is the reverse lockout release lever moving as it should? Perhaps it just needs an adjustment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can’t lift the reverse lever up at all. And I’m not sure where you mean it needs adjusted. Like I said before it worked fine and I didn’t mess around with it at all.

·
Super Moderator
3,571 Posts
There is a reverse lock on the engine that is operated by a cable connected to the a sub-lever on the clutch lever

If the cable is not adjusted correctly, sufficiently or the cable is defective, then when it is operated it will not operate the lock mechanism in the RH engine cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man thanks a lot for helping me figure it out. It turns out the reverse lockout was on and I do remember messing with the lockout piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts