Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently swamped my bike and was wondering if anyone hade any tips or what to do to get all the water out of the oil.theres no water in the plug,{dried out now} but the oil is still milky. not sure if i should try seafoam or somthing of that matter . any help is a big help!

thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have no experience with seafoam, have heard of others using it, but no matter what you use it will take a few changes.

we have always used diesel. with great luck.

when you put the deisel in(after draining oil), don't start it, put the kill button in the off position and crank it for 4/5 seconds, then drain and replace oil. you may have to do this 2 or 3 times to get clean.

oh and don't forget to drain the carb bowl(if not already done)

good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice!!! got it runnin now but it wont go anywhere. i can move it about 10 feet and then it just bogs out and stalls.it idles fine , but at about 1/4 throttle it stalls out. i didn't drain the carb, i think this might be the problem though.is there a drain plug on the carb ? or do i have to take the carb off the bike?
thanks again!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
i can't picture it in my mind, but there should be a flathead screw somewheres close to the bottom of the carb, facing sideways. if you back this screw out 2 or 3 turns it should release the remaining fuel/water. mines at the camp, can't even go look for ya. if you can't find the drain screw, some carbs have a access bolt in the bottom of the carb. same idea with it, back it out a couple turns to release. if your carb has this it will prob be a 17mm

hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts