Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this project bike, the night before i turned it on an ran it but now it wont do anything. All connections are tight, batteries charged, fuse isn't blown either but when i turn on the ignition, the neutral light comes on, go to start it and the neutral light just dims down but no clicking noise like a bad starter or anything. I am horrible at electrical so any help would be great!

Another thing, yesterday before it wouldnt even turn over, i pulled it out and it was trying to start but when i turned the key off the starter kept going and eventually just died, the kill switch didn't do anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had the same problem on a warrior and a predator and the problem was the same the connections and wireing where fine and i didnt know what was wrong so i went ahead and a bought a new battery and worked after that so i would just buy a new battery and see if it works.

·
Super Moderator
4,465 Posts
You can test with jumper cables - just connect to the battery in your car or riding lawn mower or whatever you have that you know the battery is good in - engine on car or whatever does not need to be running - if all is well with jumpers attached, test the charging system - if charging system is working, get a new battery

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried the new battery, and samething. Neutral light comes on, lights work and everything, but go to start it and the lights just dim down and nothing happens. Not even a click, fuse is new aswell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
try to jump solenoid switch with screw driver dont touch metal part of driver just rubber handle touch to posts on solenoid to gather solenoid is bad it will do nothing when u push start button an if its a wiring problem u bypass most of the wires when you do this it will make sparks an hopefully bike starts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.