Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both lights are on at the same time. Won’t start or shift. Changed our whole wire harness due to previous owner cutting on it, but once changed out it does the same thing. Finally found that if I disconnect the main plug from the ECM the reverse light would go out. I got a new ECM but it’s doing the same thing. Angles sensor and electric shift motor are fine, all fuses are good, wire harness is great. I can’t think of anything else. On the ECM though, I got the one that has A12 whereas the one on the bike is A11, would this matter? They are shown beside each other on Partzilla.

·
Super Moderator
4,722 Posts
You most likely have a failed gear position switch or the wiring is shorted to ground.
Font Material property Parallel Pattern Circle

The switch is #17 in the drawing and it is most easily accessed by engine removal. It is part # 35759-HN0-A11 @ $118
Hair Head Hand Arm Leg

Test it with an ohmmeter or continuity tester - unplug the connector and test continuity to ground on each wire - if the switch has continuity to the grey only in reverse, the light green wire with a red stripe only in neutral, the white wire with a green stripe only in low and to the light blue wire with a white stripe only in 5th gear, then the switch is functioning correctly.

Now test the wiring harness - unplug the display, and test each gear indicator wire to ground. If the 4 previously indicated wires do not have continuity to ground, replace the display and the problem will be fixed.

Let me know what you discover.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts