Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a speedometer, and fuel gauge on my trx250, but first before I bought parts I wanted to ask if the trx250 has a speed sensor(tachometer), if the computer knows what gear it is in and is able to send data to a dashboard, and anything else useful I should know.

Im currently looking at this for the speedometer and this for the fuel gauge and for the fuel sensor, this

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I definitely want the fuel gauge but I don't need the speedometer, I have an old ipod touch I could mount to the handle bars for that

·
Super Moderator
3,694 Posts
There is no speedo sending unit either on a wheel or in the transmission so I think the speedo would best served by a GPS. I have used my Magellan unit to check speedo accuracy on motorcycles. A speedo on an ATV is kinda like a speedo on a boat. Where do you ride an ATV and need a speedo?

There is no computer and no gear sensor other than neutral and reverse.

A fuel gauge? Why? The petcock has a reserve position - when you run out of fuel, switch to reserve, ride to a fuel source and refill the tank.

But, be 'the first to do it' and show us how it was done and the result of the modification.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has a reserve position your correct, but I don't have the correct handle to actually switch it, and also I just think it would be cool to have a fuel gauge. For the speedo I would need a higher quality GPS, because where I ride the GPS signal is not very strong/ is blocked by a lot of trees. I could just use the phone pocket clip mounts that come with Iphone's and use an app.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am also just trying to get my top speed, do speed runs, average speed. things like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts