Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just got this four wheeler a couple days ago and I started digging into it and I notice it had literally one hose running off the carb and that was the gas line where it runs from the on off and res nob to the back side of the carb where the air box is. Other than that it doesn’t have any it does have a edelbrock carb so if some could show me pictures where everything runs or a diagram that would be great ..... thank you all. !!

·
Super Moderator
3,474 Posts
Don't fret it - there's only so many places to put hoses on an Edlebrock carb - besides the fuel line, there's two float bowl vent nipples and a float bowl overflow drain nipple - get some appropriate sized tubing and put a hose on each nipple - run them all down to a point below the engine and ride

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out that the to float nipples need one side of a tube put in and the other in of the tube needs to go to the other float nipple ...

·
Super Moderator
3,474 Posts
I found out that the to float nipples need one side of a tube put in and the other in of the tube needs to go to the other float nipple ...
Wrong! Do not connect any external nipples together by way of a single hose - the two float bowl nipples can be connected together via a TEE fitting with a single hose routed to a point below the engine, but the host has to remain open to the atmosphere or the float bowl will not fill properly. You would be better off not to put any hoses on the carb if you do not know what the nipple is for and what it does, but it's your carb and your wheeler - do whatever you want to with it and learn from your errors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts