Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 400ex has no electrical power at all. I have no neutral light, headlights, and it wont start from the button. The bike sat for 2 years and ran before then. I have replaced the battery, fuse, and the solenoid. I got voltage on the solenoid but nothing anywhere after that. It will crank from the solenoid. I checked my ground and thats good. I also checked the wire near the shifter. I have been trying to figure this out for months now, does anyone have any idea of what it could be? I also checked the wiring harness for any cuts or breaks.

·
Super Moderator
3,090 Posts
The solenoid has two terminals - one terminal has the battery wire and the chassis feed wire (the one with the fuse in it) - the other terminal gets the wire going to the starter motor

If the wires are on the correct terminals, then get to the key switch - when the switch is turned on red is connected to black - unplug the switch and check for 12 v on the red wire - if there is 12 v on the red wire and turning on the switch does not power up the lights, just unplug the switch and jump the red to black wires - this should make everything work

1 - 3 of 3 Posts