Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone looking for help.I have a 03 trk350tm and have tried the neutral switch bypass and nothing lights up. It has new ignition,new kill switch assembly new stater and solenoid ,the harness is new from honda. I have tried the bypass at the cdi , and at the plug for the sensor ,and I also tried at the solenoid. I am stumped .Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
I've been working on ATV's since the invention of the ATC90 and I don't know what "the neutral bypass" is or why you want it. Please enlighten me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry neutral switch, I have no lights when I turn the key on. Alot of people are saying to ground the green wire with the red stripe. When I do that nothing changes. I can pull start it and it runs perfect. I just can not use the press start button . Thank you for helping

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
This might sound really dumb, but if you have no lights, is it because the battery is dead?

The light green wire with the red stripe is connected to ground by the neutral switch to light the light - in the fuse box is a diode - if the diode fails the solenoid loses ground and it won't pull in to send power to the starter motor - check the diode

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought a new 14-bs battery and fully charged it and I bought the new oem honda harness it had all the fuses and diode with it. I can test it. If I hook power to the yellow wire and ground to the green/red wire on the solenoid the starter turns it over it just doesn't start.

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
Sorry, I can't help you - the yellow wires (three of them) go to the stator and connecting the battery to one will do nothing except possibly burning out something.

The green/red wire is grounded through the diode which is connected to the neutral switch - either the diode is bad or the neutral switch is bad or the battery is installed reverse polarity.

I can't touch it, so I can only offer possibilities.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Here 2 help, you got me looking for reverse polarity. I found the solenoid was pinned backwards ,I swapped the wires and I grounded the lt green wire with red stripe at the cdi and it fired right up . Thanks, you helped more than you thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts