Honda TRX ATV Forum banner

2003 TRX250TM head repair needed? Who does head work near me?

726 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TheEquineFencer 
#1 ·
I screwed up and tightened the rocker lever cover down wrong and it snapped both valve guides. Yeah, I know.... Now I need either another usable head or someone to put new guides and valves in the one I have. Looking online OEM only list Oversize Guides. I do not have a reamer for them I'm sure. A 2002 model list a different head between TE and TM are the same,EX totally different, but a 2003 list the same cylinder head part number for all three. But none are the same as the 2002 EX.

I'm open to suggestions? I've tried finding a shop around here local that'll fix the head.

#2 ·
If you get the oversized guides, any auto engine machine shop should be able to install them and a valve stem reamer is only a few dollars. The expensive reamer is to ream the head for the oversized guide - after the guides are installed the guide needs to be reamed for clearance on the valve stem.

#3 ·
I totally understand the what and hows. The trick is getting someone to do it around here...I turned a tool in my lathe to knock the old guides out, then when I went to order new ones I saw that Oversize where the only option. I may actually go to a shop in a town near me that doesn't answer the phone and see what I can get done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.