Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rebuilding a 400ex and after rebuilding the entire motor from the ground up to replace a few things including the shift shaft I'm stuck on the frame issue I am having. My steering stem was obviously bent, I replaced that and I see that my steering stem mount is also bent. I bend that back to what I think is stock and I am still having issues. The fuel tank strap mounts do not align parallel with each other. The black plastic side cover hole does not align with the fuel shut-off. I am not sure what I am missing here. I can only use the fuel tank, the side cover, and the lower front fender mounts as reference points. My upper fender mounts are gone, I've rebuilt them using some plastic staples and random plastics I have but the holes haven't been drilled because I can't align the black portions below it. They also are all the way pushed in one direction, in other words instead of the mounting screw being in the middle, it's pushed to the maximum right or left.

Do I need to bend my steering mount further? I am already tearing the welds and I'll have to reweld them, I believe the original roll-over bent the mount so far that the welds pushed into the tube frame below it. Does anyone have any angle measurements of the steering mount in reference to the tube below it, or even the horizontal frame tube below that one? I bent the steering mount back so it is in line with the cross-over tube below it, does it go further than that?

Thanks for the help ahead of time, I'll post some pics when I get a chance to look in the shed at it again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts