Honda TRX ATV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to this forum and to owning a TRX450R. I traded my old XR650R for a 2004 Honda TRX450R. The motor had been recently rebuilt. It does have a high compression piston 13:1, but is otherwise stock. Here's my problem, I was riding it about two weeks ago and I flipped it. It wasn't too bad, but bent the bars. All the way back to my truck, the motor was back firing every time I let off the throttle. The next time I rode it, I noticed that it seemed to run perfectly fine with the choke on. Didn't matter if it's warm or cold. If the chokes on, she's happy. The second I turn it off, the motor starts back firing and if I don't keep on the gas, it dies. I've torn the carb apart and cleaned it well. The pilot jet was a bit clogged, but cleaning everything didn't help with the choke issue. I also tinkered with the jetting, which didn't help, regardless of whether I went bigger or smaller. The only thing I can think of at this point is that the valves may need adjusting. The motor only has about 20 hours on the rebuilt motor. Please let me know your thoughts or if you might have any suggestions. I'm stumped!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.